Install BMW Clear Front/Side Turn Signals. These are imported from Germany as they were not available for purchase from BMWNA.
1 - BMW Clear Front/Side Turn Signal Set (Actual OEM)
(part #63 13 0 141 567 black trim, #63 13 0 141 572 titanium)
1 - Solaris Electrum InvisiBulbs (optional)
- OR -
1 - BMW Silver Bulbs (optional)
(TISCHER BMW $40 part #63 21 6 934 227 x 4)
Phillips Head Screwdriver
The process for the "facelift" sedans (post mid-2002 MY) is actually easier than before. You'll be done in no time.
1. Slide the side markers towards the rear of the car and remove from the fender (Photo A).
2. Disconnect the wiring harness clip and have someone hold the plug. We don't want it to fall into the fender (Photo B).
3. Twist the bulb housing out of the amber sidemarker and move it over to the clear sidemarker (Photo C).
4. (optional) Replace the bulb with a mirrored/silvered bulb such as the Solaris Electrum InvisiBulb (Photo D).
5. Return the sidemarker to the fender, reattach harness and slide back into place (Photo E).
6. Repeat on the other side. Note the Solaris bulb in the finished sidemarker (Photo F).
7. Let's move on the the front corner lamps. Open the hood and find the screw access hole in the fender (Photo G).
8. Loosen this phillips head (you don't have to completely remove it, just loosen) and pull the corner lamp straight forward (Photo H).
9. Disconnect the wiring harness (Photo I).
10. Twist the bulb housing out of the amber housing and move it over to the clear housing.
11. (optional) Replace the bulb with a mirrored/silvered bulb.
12. Return the corner marker to the fender opening, sliding it back into place. Tighten the screw, it will clamp down on the housing (Photo J).
13. Repeat on the other side. Note the Solaris bulb in the finished corner housing (Photo K).
14. Check you parking lamp and turn signal functions to make sure the bulbs are seated and you're done!